The main library has a Makerbot Replicator 3D printer and a MakerBot digitizer available for public use. The MakerBot digitizer scans objects for duplication that (generally) range in size from 2″ x 2″ up to 8″ x 8″. Please note:
- Use of the printer and digitizer are by appointment only. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Our “Introduction to 3D Printing” instructional session is required prior to using the 3D printer independently. Instruction is by appointment only, for individuals or small groups. One week advance notice required. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
For independent printer use:
- There is a fee of $4 per print.
- Patrons must sign both a user agreement and waiver of liability.
- Print jobs must not be longer than 11 hours.
- All printing must be completed 1/2 hour before the library closes (see hours here).
Intro to 3D Session: Includes an introduction to the basics of working with the 3D printer, and simple design using Thingiverse, Tinkercad and SketchUp software. Open to age 12 and up. Laptops/devices welcome.
The library’s 3D printer is courtesy of the Friends of the Beverly Public Library.