The Reference Department provides a full range of information services. The reference collection includes encyclopedias, directories, almanacs and handbooks on a variety of subjects and our learning resources provide online access to a wide array of sources.
We encourage you to contact us in person, or by
- telephone 978-921-6062
- email email@example.com
- Are we closed? Try QuestionPoint, a national online service where you can Ask a Librarian 24/7
Computer Use & Wireless
- Computer sessions are offered in 15 and 60 minute increments, with a time limit of 3 hours per day.
- We offer free wireless Internet access (no usernames or passwords required) for patrons with their own wireless devices. The library does not loan wireless hardware.
- Patrons are responsible for knowing how to configure their own wireless devices. Library staff cannot help configure your device, nor can the library be held responsible for any changes you make to your device.
- By using the Internet in the Beverly Public Library, you agree to abide by our Internet Use Policy. You may lose your Internet privileges if you do not follow these rules.
Printing, Scanning, and Fax Machine
- Black and white printing is available for .15¢ per page. Color printing is available for .75¢ per page. Cash only.
- A self-service dual Fax and Scan-to-email Machine is available for use with credit or debit cards only. First page $1.75, each additional page $1.00.
- To print from your laptop click here.
The Main Library has two study rooms on the second floor.
- There is a limit of one person (aged 18 or older) per room.
- Rooms cannot be reserved ahead of time.
- No food is allowed in the rooms.
- Rooms left unoccupied for more than 30 minutes may be considered available. Any items left in a study room will be brought to the Lost & Found Area at the Main Circulation Desk.
Local History & Genealogy Collection
The Beverly Room holds our local history, genealogy and rare books collection. These books must be used in the library, but can be photocopied. You may also be interested in:
- our online collection of Beverly and North Shore postcards
- exploring back issues of area newspapers on microfilm
- requesting an obituary by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please provide as much information as possible, including the full name(s), any alternate spellings, the location and date of death, etc. Obituary requests may take up to 2 weeks to fill.
Computer & Internet Tutorials
Are you a novice at using personal computers? Do you need to brush up on your email, Internet, or Microsoft Word skills? The main library’s Reference Department offers 1-hour, one-on-one basic computer instruction from 6 to 7 PM every Tuesday evening. To reserve a space, please sign up at the Reference Desk or call 978-921-6062.
Resume & Online Job Application Help
The main library’s Reference Department offers 1-hour, one-on-one resume and online job application help sessions from 6 to 7 PM every Tuesday evening. A librarian can assist you with formatting your resume, writing a cover letter, and/or applying for a job online. To reserve a space, please sign up at the Reference Desk or call 978-921-6062.