You may need your NOBLE library card number and password to gain access. All are available for in-library use.
Need help with a learning resource? Try our selection of Niche Academy tutorials.
- Academic OneFile
Complete source for peer-reviewed scholarly articles across all academic disciplines.
- Academic Search Elite – NOBLE Cards Only
Offers full text for more than 2,000 journals and covers virtually every area of academic study. A worldwide core resource for scholarly academic information.
- AHFS Consumer Medication Information – NOBLE Cards Only
Recognized standard for patient and drug information. Available in both English and Spanish. Includes more than a thousand drug monographs written in lay language for consumers.
- American Ancestors – Main Library Only
Conduct genealogical research, take online seminars, and search their online library catalog of books, 19th century newspapers, periodicals, microform materials, and manuscripts.
- Ancestry Library Edition – In-Library Use Only
This collection has coverage of the U.S. and the U.K., including census, vital, church, court, and immigration records. Also record collections from Canada and other areas.
- AtoZdatabases – Beverly Residents Only – Premier job search, reference, and mailing list database including 240 million business, executive, and resident profiles. Ideal for sales leads, mailing lists, market research, employment opportunities, finding friends and relatives, and much more.
- Biography in Context
Biographical and contextual information on notable people throughout history.
- Boston Globe (1872-1981) – Beverly Residents Only
Research articles from the Boston Daily Globe via Proquest Historical Newspapers.
- Boston Globe (1980-current)
Research articles from the Boston Daily Globe via Proquest.
- Business Source Premier – NOBLE Cards Only
Full text coverage across the spectrum of business disciplines, including marketing, management, MIS, POM, accounting, finance and economics. More than 2,300 journals, including over 1,100 peer-reviewed titles dating back to 1886.
- Consumer Reports – Beverly Residents Only
Consumer Reports serves consumers through unbiased product testing and ratings, research, journalism, public education, and advocacy.
- EBSCO – NOBLE Cards Only
Complete list of all of EBSCO’s databases. Access to multiple academic and public library resources through the traditional interface. You can search a single database, or all databases combined.
- Explora – NOBLE Cards Only
EBSCO’s interface for public libraries. A great starting place for a research project.
- Educators Reference Complete
Academic articles, reports, news, books reports, and more pertaining to the field of education.
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Public Library Edition
Easy to find trusted information for kids, teens, and adults. Also available in Spanish.
- Expanded Academic ASAP
An essential set of scholarly journals and general interest titles supporting research across all disciplines.
- ERIC – NOBLE Cards Only
ERIC, the Educational Resource Information Center, provides access to education literature and research. Content includes journal articles, research reports, curriculum and teaching guides, conference papers, dissertations and theses, and books dating back to 1996.
- European Views of the Americas: 1493-1750
- A comprehensive guide to printed records about the Americas written in Europe before 1750. Contains more than 32,000 entries.
- Fold3 Library Edition – Beverly Residents Only
Provides access to a growing collection of US military records, including the stories, photos, and personal documents of the men and women who served.
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia – NOBLE Cards Only
This database provides over 25,000 encyclopedic entries covering a variety of subject areas.
- Gale Databases
Access to ALL of the Gale databases including topics such as literature, travel, careers, technology, and more. A great starting place for a research project.
- General OneFile
Magazines, news, and journal articles on general interest topics and current events.
- Global Issues In Context
International academic perspectives on global issues.
- GreenFILE – NOBLE Cards Only
A collection of scholarly and general interest titles, as well as government documents and reports, drawing on the connection between the environment and such disciplines as agriculture, education, law, health, and technology.
- Health Reference Center
Discover periodicals and reference book content supporting research in health studies.
- Health Source – Consumer Edition – NOBLE Cards Only
Information on many health topics, including the medical sciences, food science and nutrition, childcare, sports medicine and general health. Provides access to nearly 80 full-text consumer health magazines.
- Health Source – Nursing/Academic Edition – NOBLE Cards Only
Provides nearly 550 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines and features the Lexi-PAL Drug Guide, which covers 1,300 generic drug patient education sheets with more than 4,700 brand names.
- Health and Wellness Resource Center with Alternative Health
Comprehensive coverage of health and wellness issues across all disciplines.
- HeritageQuest – Beverly Residents Only
Searchable images of U.S. federal census records, featuring the digitized version of the popular UMI® Genealogy & Local History collection, among other valuable content. Essential collection of unique material for both genealogical hobbyists and professionals.
- InfoTrac Student Edition
Periodicals and reference book content to support high school student research.
- InfoTrac Newsstand
Regional, national, and world newspapers; a comprehensive collection of current and archival news content.
- Kids Infobits
Learn about animals, plants, music, science, and more.
- LearningExpress Library – Beverly Residents Only – Library card not required, but you must register as a user to access full content.
Interactive test preparation tool for many entrance exams, including the GRE, SAT, LSAT, and more. Includes practice questions, study modules, and other helpful features to improve your skills.
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts (LISTA) NOBLE Cards Only
Subject coverage includes librarianship, classification, cataloging, bibliometrics, online information retrieval, information management and more. Coverage in the database extends back as far as the mid-1960s.
- Literature Resource Center
Biography, criticism, and overviews on writers and specific works in all disciplines.
- Mango Languages – Beverly Residents Only
Interactive database that helps you learn languages including Spanish, French, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, German, Mandarin Chinese, Greek, Italian, Russian and more. Spanish speakers and others can learn English as well. Create your own account to track your progress.
- Massachusetts DMV Practice Tests and Handbooks
Includes practice tests for cars, motorcycle, and CDL licences as well as handbooks and an FAQ page. Also available in Spanish.
- MasterFILE Premier – NOBLE Cards Only
Designed specifically for public libraries, this multidisciplinary database provides full text for nearly 1,750 general reference publications with full text information dating as far back as 1975. Contains full text for nearly 500 reference books and over 164,000 primary source documents, as well as an image collection photos, maps, and flags.
- MEDLINE – NOBLE Cards Only
Authoritative medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and much more, created by the National Library of Medicine. Searches over 5,400 current biomedical journals.
- Middle Search Plus
Full text for more than 140 popular, middle school magazines. Also contains biographies, historical essays, primary source documents, and an image collection of photos, maps and flags.
- Morningstar Investment Research Center – Available For Beverly Residents Only
Provides information on 14,500 U.S. and foreign companies, and provides data on 24,500 funds, stocks and ETFs. Offers portfolio tools, videos, articles, stock screeners, and customizable charts. Please note: The library’s subscription allows for one user at a time
- MyHeritage – Beverly Residents Only
Features over 8 billion primary historical records from the United States, Europe, and other regions, with coverage starting from the 16th century. Great starting place for genealogical research.
- Newspaper Source – NOBLE Cards Only
Cover-to-cover full text for 40 national & international newspapers. The database also contains selective full text for 389 regional (U.S.) newspapers. In addition, full text television & radio news transcripts are also provided.
- New York Times (1980-present)
Search the full text of The New York Times.
- Niche Academy
Provides video tutorials on how to access many of our digital offerings, including tutorials on Overdrive, Consumer Reports, Hoopla, Learning Express and several others.
- NoveList Plus – NOBLE Cards Only
Find recommendations of both fiction and nonfiction. Search for books by genre, series, author, titles, award winners, and read-alikes.
- NoveList Plus K-8 – NOBLE Cards Only
Specifically for young readers. Helps kids find both fiction and nonfiction books that are just right for their reading level and interests.
A complete eLibrary. Offers eBooks, digital audiobooks, and magazines available for streaming or downloading from your own personal device.
- Primary Search – NOBLE Cards Only
The full text for more than 70 popular, magazines for elementary school research. All full text articles are assigned a reading level indicator (Lexiles). Dates back to 1990.
- Professional Development Collection for Educators – NOBLE Cards Only
Designed for professional educators, this database provides a highly specialized collection of nearly 520 education journals, including peer-reviewed titles. A collection of 200 educational reports also included.
- Regional Business News – NOBLE Cards Only
Comprehensive full text coverage for regional business publications.
- Research In Context
Explore, research, and browse information about people, places, and subjects.
- Salem History – In-Library Use Only
Includes access to The Thirties in America, The Sixties in America, and Great Events from History: The Renaissance & Early Modern Era
- Science In Context – Academic articles, videos, experiments, and more.
- Small Business Resource Center
Full text insights, tips, and strategies for students and entrepreneurs.
- Teacher Reference Center – NOBLE Cards Only
Provides coverage on key education topics for K-12 teachers & librarians. Includes indexing and abstracts for 280 of the most popular teacher and administrator journals and magazines.
- Universal Class – Beverly Residents Only
Enjoy 24/7 access to a wide range of classes on everything from computer training to pet care – and everything in between. Many courses offer continuing education credit. Or, just discover something fun, from Reiki to music to painting and more.
- U.S. History In Context
Academic articles, videos, primary documents, and more on topics in U.S. history.
- World History In Context
Academic articles, videos, case studies, and more on topics in world history.