Need help with a learning resource? Try our selection of Niche Academy tutorials.
- Academic OneFile – Complete source for peer-reviewed scholarly articles across all academic disciplines.
- Academic Search Elite
Offers full text for more than 2,000 journals and covers virtually every area of academic study. A worldwide core resource for scholarly academic information. (Noble Cards Only)
- AHFS Consumer Medication Information – Recognized standard for patient and drug information. Available in both English and Spanish. Includes more than a thousand drug monographs written in lay language for consumers. (Noble Cards Only)
- American Ancestors – AVAILABLE ONLY AT THE MAIN LIBRARY
Conduct genealogical research, take online seminars, and search their online library catalog of books, 19th century newspapers, periodicals, microform materials, and manuscripts.
- Ancestry Library Edition – AVAILABLE ONLY AT THE LIBRARY
This collection has coverage of the U.S. and the U.K., including census, vital, church, court, and immigration records, as well as record collections from Canada and other areas.
- Biography in Context – Biographical and contextual information on notable people throughout history.
- Boston Globe (1872-1981) – AVAILABLE FOR BEVERLY RESIDENTS ONLY
Research articles from the Boston Daily Globe via Proquest Historical Newspapers.
- Boston Globe (1980-current)
Research articles from the Boston Daily Globe via Proquest.
- Business Source Premier
Full text coverage in all disciplines of business, including marketing, management, MIS, POM, accounting, finance and economics. More than 2,300 journals, including over 1,100 peer-reviewed titles dating back to 1886. (Noble Cards Only)
- Consumer Reports – AVAILABLE FOR BEVERLY RESIDENTS ONLY
Consumer Reports serves consumers through unbiased product testing and ratings, research, journalism, public education, and advocacy.
- Ebscohost – Complete list of all of Ebsco’s databases.
Ebsco’s interface for public libraries. A great starting place for a research project.
- Educators Reference Complete – Academic articles, reports, news, books reports, and more in the field of education.
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Public Library Edition – Easy to find trusted information for kids, teens, and adults. Also available in Spanish.
- Expanded Academic ASAP – An essential set of scholarly journals and general interest titles supporting research across all disciplines.
ERIC, the Educational Resource Information Center, provides access to education literature and research. Content includes journal articles, research reports, curriculum and teaching guides, conference papers, dissertations, and theses, and books dating back to 1996. (Noble Cards Only)
- European Views of the Americas: 1493-1750 – Contains more than 32,000 entries, a comprehensive guide to printed records about the Americas written in Europe before 1750.
- Explora Educator’s Edition – A resource for teachers and educational administrators. Includes access to lesson plans, student tools, curriculum standards, and valuable web sites. (Noble Cards Only)
- Fold3 Library Edition – AVAILABLE FOR BEVERLY RESIDENTS ONLY
Provides access to a growing collection of US military records, including the stories, photos, and personal documents of the men and women who served.
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia – This database provides over 25,000 encyclopedic entries covering a variety of subject areas. (Noble Cards Only)
- Gale Databases
Access to ALL of the Gale databases including topics such as literature, travel, careers, technology, and more. A great starting place for a research project.
- General OneFile – Magazines, news, and journal articles on general interest topics and current events.
- Global Issues In Context – International academic perspectives on global issues.
A collection of scholarly and general interest titles, as well as government documents and reports, that draw on the connection between the environment and disciplines such as agriculture, education, law, health, and technology. (Noble Cards Only)
- Health Reference Center – Discover periodicals and reference book content supporting research in health studies.
- Health Source – Consumer Edition
Information on many health topics including the medical sciences, food sciences and nutrition, childcare, sports medicine and general health. Provides access to nearly 80 full text consumer healthy magazines. (Noble Cards Only)
- Health Source – Nursing/Academic Edition
Provides nearly 550 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines and features the Lexi-PAL Drug Guide, which covers 1,300 generic drug patient education sheets with more than 4,700 brand names. (Noble Cards Only)
- Health and Wellness Resource Center with Alternative Health – Comprehensive collection of health and wellness issues across all disciplines.
- HeritageQuest – AVAILABLE FOR BEVERLY RESIDENTS ONLY
Searchable images of U.S. federal census records with the digitized version of the popular UMI® Genealogy & Local History collection and other valuable content. Essential collection of unique material for both genealogical hobbyists and professionals.
- InfoTrac Student Edition – Periodicals and reference book content to support high school student research.
- InfoTrac Newsstand – Regional, national, and world newspapers; a comprehensive collection of current and archival news content.
- Kids Infobits – Learn about animals, plants, music, science, and more.
- LearningExpress Library | AVAILABLE FOR BEVERLY RESIDENTS ONLY | Library card not required, but you must register as a user to access full content.
Interactive test preparation tool for many entrance exams, including the GRE, SAT, LSAT, and more. Includes practice questions, study modules, and other helpful features to improve your skills.
- LegalForms – Easy-to-use, state specific “attorney forms” to address basic legal matters. Users have access to thousands of customizable legal documents.
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts (LISTA)
Subject coverage includes librarianship, classification, cataloging, bibliometrics, online information retrieval, information management and more. Coverage in the database extends back as far as the mid-1960s. (Noble Cards Only)
- Literature Resource Center – Biography, criticism, and overviews on writers and specific works in all disciplines.
- Mango Languages – AVAILABLE FOR BEVERLY RESIDENTS ONLY
Interactive database that helps you learn languages including Spanish, French, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, German, Mandarin Chinese, Greek, Italian, Russian and more. Spanish speakers and others can learn English as well. Create your own account to track your progress.
- Massachusetts DMV Practice Tests and Handbooks – Includes practice tests for cars, motorcycle, and CDL licences as well as handbooks and an FAQ page. Also available in Spanish.
- MasterFILE Premier
Designed specifically for public libraries, this multidisciplinary database provides full text for nearly 1,750 general reference publications with full text information dating as far back as 1975. Contains full text for nearly 500 reference books and over 164,000 primary source documents, as well as an image collection photos, maps, and flags. (Noble Cards Only)
Authoritative medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and much more, created by the National Library of Medicine. Searches over 5,400 current biomedical journals. (Noble Cards Only)
- Middle Search Plus
Full text for more than 140 popular, middle school magazines. Also contains biographies, historical essays, primary source documents, and an image collection of photos, maps and flags.
- Morningstar Investment Research Center – AVAILABLE FOR BEVERLY RESIDENTS ONLY Please note: The library’s subscription allows for one user at a time
Provides information on 14,500 U.S. and foreign companies, and provides data on 24,500 funds, stocks and ETFs. Offers portfolio tools, videos, articles, stock screeners, and customizable charts.
- MyHeritage – AVAILABLE FOR BEVERLY RESIDENTS ONLY
Features over 8 billion primary historical records from the United States, Europe, and other regions, with coverage starting from the 16th century. Great starting place for genealogical research.
- Newspaper Source
Cover-to-cover full text for 40 national & international newspapers. The database also contains selective full text for 389 regional (U.S.) newspapers. In addition, full text television & radio news transcripts are also provided. (Noble Cards Only)
- New York Times (1980-present)
Search the full text of The New York Times.
- Niche Academy
Provides video tutorials on how to access many of our digital offerings, including tutorials on Overdrive, Consumer Reports, Hoopla, Learning Express and several others.
- NoveList Plus Must be a NOBLE member to use outside of the library.
Find recommendations of both fiction and nonfiction. Search for books by genre, series, author, titles, award winners, and read-alikes. (Noble Cards Only)
- NoveList Plus K-8 Must be a NOBLE member to use outside of the library.
Specifically for young readers. Helps kids find both fiction and nonfiction books that are just right for their reading level and interests. (Noble Cards Only)
- Overdrive – A complete eLibrary. Offers eBooks, digital audiobooks, and eMagazines available for streaming or downloading from your own personal device.
- Primary Search
The full text for more than 70 popular, magazines for elementary school research. All full text articles are assigned a reading level indicator (Lexiles). Dates back to 1990. (Noble Cards Only)
- Professional Development Collection for Educators
Designed for professional educators, this database provides a highly specialized collection of nearly 520 education journals, including peer-reviewed titles. A collection of 200 educational reports also included. (Noble Cards Only)
- Regional Business News
Comprehensive full text coverage for regional business publications. (Noble Cards Only)
- Research In Context – Explore, research, and browse information about people, places, and subjects.
- Salem History – AVAILABLE ONLY AT THE LIBRARY
Includes access to The Thirties in America, The Sixties in America, and Great Events from History: The Renaissance & Early Modern Era
- Science In Context – Academic articles, videos, experiments, and more.
- Small Business Resource Center – Full text insights, tips, and strategies for students and entrepreneurs.
- Teacher Reference Center
Provides coverage on key education topics for K-12 teachers & librarians. Includes indexing and abstracts for 280 of the most popular teacher and administrator journals and magazines. (Noble Cards Only)
- Universal Class – AVAILABLE FOR BEVERLY RESIDENTS ONLY
Enjoy 24/7 access to a wide range of classes on everything from computer training to pet care – and everything in between. Many courses offer continuing education credit. Or, just discover something fun, from Reiki to music to painting and more.
- U.S. History In Context – Academic articles, videos, primary documents, and more on topics in U.S. history.
- World History In Context – Academic articles, videos, case studies, and more on topics in world history.