While our locations remain closed, we have launched our version of curbside service. Our “Front Door Service” allows you to place holds online and pick them up during designated hours. This is part of our safe, phased reopening in accordance with city, state, and CDC guidance.
Farms branch “Front Door Service” will start on Tuesday, July 7. You can start placing your holds now!
Tips to help you be prepared for front door service.
- Place holds through the catalog. Only items with an Available status at your pick up location (Beverly Main/Beverly Farms) can be retrieved at this time.
- You may call us at 978-921-6062 (Monday through Friday from 9 AM-5 PM) for assistance with requesting items and/or registering for pick up. Call 978-921-6066 for assistance with Farms items.
- You will be notified when your holds are ready to pick up.
- After you receive notification that your holds are ready, register for a pick up day.
- Come by during your reserved pick up day. (Note, only reserve a day for pick up after you receive notification that your holds are ready to pick up.)
- Main library pick up is at the Winter Street entrance. Farms branch pickup is at the Hale Street entrance.
- Wear your face covering.
- Only approach the table when it is unoccupied.
- Place ID on table and step back at least 6 feet.
- Staff will retrieve your items and place on table.
- Wait until staff have stepped back before picking up your items.
- Rejoice! You have fresh books, movies, and music!
We appreciate your continued patience as we proceed in a thoughtful and safe manner toward full resumption of library services.
The book drop at the main library is open for all materials. The book drop at the Farms branch will open Monday, June 29 at 10 AM. For the safety of our community, all returns will be quarantined for one week before being checked in. If you follow your online account, please be aware that items will not be removed from your account immediately. Be assured that you will not accrue any fines. We appreciate your understanding.
For everyone’s safety please only return items to the book drop. Please call us at 978-921-6062 (or 978-921-6066 for the Farms branch) if you have something that won’t fit in the book drop and we’ll make arrangements.
Check our FAQs.