The main library and Farms branch continue to offer Front Door Service for holds pick up. In addition, both locations are now open to the public at a reduced capacity by offering 90 minute appointments for certain services. Masks and social distancing are required. This is part of our safe, phased reopening and we’re happy to be welcoming you back. We’ll be rolling out more services over the next few weeks so check back for updates.
Front Door Service
Our Front Door Service allows you to place holds online and pick them up during designated hours, no appointment necessary.
Main Front Door Service hours:
Tues. 12-4 PM, Weds., 3-7 PM, Thurs., 12-4 PM (PLEASE NOTE: There is No Front Door Service on Election Day)
Farms Front Door Service hours: Tuesdays & Wednesdays from 4-6 PM
- Place holds through the catalog.
- Call us at 978-921-6062 (Monday through Friday from 9 AM-5 PM) for assistance with requesting items. Call 978-921-6066 for assistance with Farms items.
- Wait for a notification by email or phone that your holds are ready to pick up.
- Visit during Front Door Service hours. Main library pick up is at the Winter Street entrance. Farms branch pickup is at the Hale Street entrance.
Open by Appointment
Appointments are required for in-building services and can be made through Simply Book or by calling 978-921-6062 or 978-921-6066 for the Farms. When you arrive for your appointment please wait at the Winter Street (Main) / Hale Street (Farms) entrance. Staff will confirm your appointment and let you into the building.
- Properly worn masks are required for all over the age of two. Disposable masks may be offered. Alternative accommodations are available for those that are unable to wear masks.
- We will ask that you use provided hand sanitizer prior to entering the building.
- One household, or one person, at a time on the elevator.
- No food or drink is allowed in the building.
- Meeting rooms / Study rooms
- In-person programs
- In-person technology help
- Toys in the Children’s Room
- Tutoring and group visits
- Office supplies like staplers, hole punch, pens, and paper
- Most seating
- Microfilm use
- Book or Media Donations
- 3D printer
Need to print, scan or copy? Just email your document to email@example.com or drop it off during Front Door Service hours. Please include your first and last name, your phone or email, and instructions (e.g. 5 copies, scan to firstname.lastname@example.org). A librarian will contact you when it’s ready. Free up to 10 pages. For Farms branch service please email email@example.com. Or make an in-library appointment through Simply Book.
Give us a call Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM at 978-921-6062 for the main library or 978-921-6066 for the Farms branch.
Sign up for enews via the online form or text BEVERLYLIBRARY to 22828.
Dial-a-Story! Each week we will share a new story, poem or essay written for children or adults.
Dial-a-Story, Jr. 978-921-6062, ext. 2110
Dial-a-Story, Sr. 978-921-6062, ext. 2113