If you are a Massachusetts resident and don’t already have a Boston Public Library card, you can register for one online. With a BPL eCard, you have access to BPL’s remote resources and services.
BPL eCards expire every 2 years and are renewable online. Patrons must be 13 or older to register for an eCard.
Stream and Download
Using the BPL eCard, you have access to stream and download books, audiobooks, movies and more.
- Kanopy: Kanopy includes acclaimed movies and documentaries on-demand from award-winning filmmakers.
- PressReader: Color full-page and article reproductions of thousands of U.S. and international newspapers and magazines from the last three months.
Access Online Resources
To access online resources, you will need your BPL barcode and PIN. Some of the resources that can be accessed include:
- National Geographic: Full reproductions of National Geographic magazine (1888-present) and National Geographic Traveler (2010-present).
- CQ Researcher: CQ Researcher is noted for its in-depth, unbiased coverage of health, social trends, criminal justice, international affairs, education, the environment, technology and the economy.
- Very Short Introductions: Very Short Introductions offer concise introductions to a diverse range of subject areas.
- Headspace: Experience the benefits of meditation through guided meditations, animations, articles, and videos.
Access Online Databases
- LawDepot: LawDepot for Libraries allows you to create your own personalized legal documents specific to your state/province and personal situation.
- Lynda.com: Video courses in business, software, technology, and creative skills, taught by recognized industry experts.
- Mergent Intellect: Delivers private and public United States and international business data, industry news, facts and figures, executives and industry profiles.