The Reference Department provides a full range of information services. The reference collection includes encyclopedias, directories, almanacs and handbooks on a variety of subjects and our learning resources provide online access to a wide array of sources.
Contact us by
- telephone 978-921-6062
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
Local History & Genealogy Collection
The Beverly Room holds our local history, genealogy and rare books collection. These books must be used in the library but can be photocopied or scanned. Please explore our local history and genealogy page for on-site and digital resources to get you started with your research.
Computer Use & Wireless
- We have 16 internet-connected PCs for patron use with a time limit of 3 hours per day.
- We offer free WiFi for patrons with their own wireless devices.
- Patrons are responsible for knowing how to configure their own wireless devices. Library staff cannot help configure your device, nor can the library be held responsible for any changes you make to your device.
- By using the internet in the Beverly Public Library, you agree to abide by our Internet Use Policy. You may lose your internet privileges if you do not follow these rules.
Printing, Scanning, and Fax Machine
Need to print, scan or copy? Just email your document to email@example.com or drop it off during Front Door Service hours. Please include your first and last name, your phone or email, and instructions (e.g. 5 copies, scan to firstname.lastname@example.org). A librarian will contact you when it’s ready. Free up to 10 pages. For Farms branch service please email email@example.com. Or make an in-library appointment through Simply Book.
- Black and white printing is available for .15 per page. Color printing is available for .75 per page. Cash only.
- We offer wireless printing. Print from home or from your device in the library. Find details on our Wireless Printing page.
- A self-service dual fax and scan-to-email machine is available for use with credit or debit cards only. First page $1.75, each additional page $1. The FaxScan24 system also offers an online fax service from any device. The cost is .99 for the first page and .49 for each additional page. For an additional .49, you may choose to get a text confirmation regarding the status of your fax.
- Scan documents and send files to smartphones, Google Drive, USB Flash Drives, or email with our Scannx. The Scannx accommodates documents up to 11” x 17”. Scanned documents may be edited and saved in several file formats including PDF, searchable PDF, Word, JPEG, TIFF, and PNG. The Scannx will auto-crop, auto-straighten, and auto-orient each page scanned. Scanning using this service is free of charge.
We have a notary public on staff who is available to notarize documents by appointment, or as staffing allows. Please read our Notary Services page for more information and to verify that your document meets our requirements.
The main library has two study rooms on the second floor.
- There is a limit of two people (aged 14 or older) per room.
- Rooms cannot be reserved ahead of time.
- No food is allowed in the rooms.
- Rooms left unoccupied for more than 30 minutes may be considered available. Any items left in a study room will be brought to Lost and Found at the Circulation Desk.
The Reference Department offers 1-hour, one-on-one adult assistance by appointment. Librarians are available to provide notary service, research assistance, 3D printing classes, basic technology instruction, and other types of career and community services. To reserve an appointment call 978-922-6062.