The Reference Department provides a full range of information services. The reference collection includes encyclopedias, directories, almanacs and handbooks on a variety of subjects and our learning resources provide online access to a wide array of sources.
We encourage you to contact us in person, or by
- telephone 978-921-6062
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
Local History & Genealogy Collection
The Beverly Room holds our local history, genealogy and rare books collection. These books must be used in the library but can be photocopied or scanned. Please explore our local history and genealogy page for on-site and digital resources to get you started with your research.
Computer Use & Wireless
- We have 16 internet connected PCs for patron use with a time limit of 3 hours per day.
- We offer free wireless internet access for patrons with their own wireless devices.
- Patrons are responsible for knowing how to configure their own wireless devices. Library staff cannot help configure your device, nor can the library be held responsible for any changes you make to your device.
- By using the internet in the Beverly Public Library, you agree to abide by our Internet Use Policy. You may lose your internet privileges if you do not follow these rules.
Printing, Scanning, and Fax Machine
- Black and white printing is available for .15¢ per page. Color printing is available for .75¢ per page. Cash only.
- We offer wireless printing. Print from home or from your device in the library. Find details on our Wireless Printing page.
- A self-service dual Fax and Scan-to-email Machine is available for use with credit or debit cards only. First page $1.75, each additional page $1.00.
- Scan documents and send files to Smartphones, Google Drive, USB Flash Drives, or email with our Scannx. The Scannx accommodates documents up to 11” x 17”. Scanned documents may be edited and saved in several file formats including PDF, searchable PDF, Word, JPEG, TIFF, and PNG. The Scannx will auto-crop, auto-straighten, and auto-orient each page scanned. Scanning using this service is free of charge.
We have a notary public on staff who is available to notarize documents by appointment, or as staffing allows. Please read our Notary Services page for more information and to verify that your document meets our requirements.
The Main Library has two study rooms on the second floor.
- There is a limit of one person (aged 14 or older) per room.
- Rooms cannot be reserved ahead of time.
- No food is allowed in the rooms.
- Rooms left unoccupied for more than 30 minutes may be considered available. Any items left in a study room will be brought to the Lost & Found Area at the Main Circulation Desk.
Computer & Internet Tutorials
Are you a novice at using personal computers or tablets? Do you need to brush up on your email, Internet, or Microsoft Word skills? Could you use some assistance with formatting your resume, writing a cover letter, and/or applying for a job online? The main library’s Reference Department offers 1-hour, one-on-one basic computer instruction from 6 to 7 PM every Tuesday evening by appointment. Appointments may be available during other times, just ask. To reserve a space, please sign up at the Reference Desk or call 978-921-6062.