Friends of the Beverly Public Library
The Friends of the Beverly Public Library help support the services and programs of the Beverly Public Library. Through fundraising efforts, such as book sales, lecture programs, and merchandise sales, the Friends have raised money for museum passes, audiobooks, bestsellers, computers, and furnishings. For more information on how to get involved, contact Allison Babin, Assistant Director at 978-921-6062, ext. 2118.
OurAnnual Membership Letter and Form is available online and at the Library.
Friends of the Farms
The Friends of the Beverly Farms Library support the Farms Branch with donations that enable us to purchase books, CDs, DVDs, and other materials that enhance the collection and provide better services. The Friends contribute to children’s programs and activities, such as the “Summer Reading Program” and monthly events at the library. Special activities sponsored by the Friends are “The Nutcracker Tea” in December and the “Library Lawn Party” in the spring. To join the Friends of the Farms Library, contact Kate Ingalls at 978-921-6066.
Donations & Gifts
We appreciate you thinking of us for your book donations!
- We can accept 2 clean boxes/bags of books per household at a time.
- Books must be in new or very good condition and be brought inside the library (Children’s Room, first floor, in the blue cart) during open hours. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide any assistance with unloading books and cannot return your boxes or bags.
- We cannot accept magazines, textbooks, encyclopedias, Readers Digest condensed books, or VHS tapes.
- Your donations are tax deductible. Should you require a receipt for tax purposes, please make a staff member aware of that when you make your donation.
- Donated books are sold at Friends of the Library book sales to raise money for library programs.
- Have more books than we can take off your hands? You might try the book donation bins located at Ayers Ryal Side Elementary School or the faculty parking lot of Beverly High School, or Savers in nearby Danvers.
- If you have any additional questions, please contact the library at 978-921-6062.
The Beverly Public Library depends on the generosity of donors to fund things not included in the Library budget. Donations may be in the form of securities or cash. They may be outright gifts or they may be endowments or trust funds. All donations are expended under the direction of the Board of Library Trustees. All donations are tax deductible charitable contributions. To discuss making a donation to the Beverly Public Library or the Beverly Farms Branch Library, you may contact Anna Langstaff, Library Director at 978-921-6062, ext. 2131.
The Library is looking for volunteers to help return books to the stacks and to help check the correct placement of books on the shelves. Your commitment can be for as little as several hours a month to several hours a week. If you are interested, or would like more information, call 978-921-6062 and speak with the Circulation Department.